Lets Transcript is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers and takes its responsibilities regarding the security of customer information very seriously. We will always guarantee you clarity and transparency regarding the information collected and how we use it.
The type of personal data that we collect and process on your account in relation to your customer relationship with us and following your use of our website and online services;
• The origin of the data;
• Our way of using this data;
• Our method of data storage;
• The transfer / disclosure of data to other subjects and their purposes;
• Our management of your data protection rights;
• Our compliance with data protection regulations.
Lets Transcript" (hereinafter "we", "ours", "us" or "Lets Transcript") in this disclosure referred to as Lets Transcript Business Solutions., the main operating company of the Lets Transcript Business Solutions and, where appropriate, the other companies of the Lets Transcript Ltd. Group or other companies over which Lets Transcript exercises management control.
Lets Transcript Ltd. is the "data controller" of all personal data belonging to Lets Transcript customers collected and used for the purposes set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Lets Transcript is a company registered in India under the number 29CLQPA7748L1ZA.
The expression "personal data" refers to all the information by which we can identify you, such as name, contact details, project reference number, payment details and information relating to your access to our website.
Your personal information may be collected when you organize a project with us (directly or indirectly through our trusted external partners), when you use our website or other websites accessible through our website or when you contact us.
• Name, professional qualification, company name, company address, company identification numbers, e-mail address, telephone number, credit or debit card or other payment details;
• Information relating to the products and services offered by our trusted partners purchased from you;
• Information relating to your use of our website;
• The communications you exchange with us either directly or by letter, email, chat service, call and social media.
• The processing by us of each of these data will take place only after receiving your explicit consent or, where necessary, if this has been deliberately made public by you.
• To provide you with the products and services requested: we use the information you provide us to perform the services relating to the project for which you have requested, including the requested changes to the project;
• To contact you in the event of a change in the project delivery date and time; to send you communications regarding the services requested and in relation to any possible variation of the services in question. These communications do not take place for marketing purposes and are not optional;
• To verify or control payments made by credit card or other payment methods: we use your payment information for reporting, billing, audit purposes and to identify and / or prevent fraudulent activity;
• To communicate with Customer Service: we use your data to manage the commercial relationship we have with you and to improve our services and your experience with us;
• To provide you with tailor-made services: we use your data to provide the information we think may interest you before, during and at the end of your project and to personalize the services we offer you.
• For marketing purposes: occasionally we will contact you to provide you with information on special prices and additional products by sending you an electronic communication. You will be able to choose whether to release or deny your consent in relation to the receipt of these communications by specifying your choice when booking the project. If you are no longer interested in receiving our direct marketing material, you will have the opportunity to indicate your choice in any electronic communication that you will receive from us.
• We will proceed to the processing of your personal data only in cases where there are legal bases for doing so. The permitted cases will depend on the reasons for which we collected your data and the purposes for which we need to use your personal data.
In the case of your authorization to use our personal data (for example, for marketing purposes);
To protect your fundamental interests or those of another person;
In the event that it is our legitimate interest to be able to operate as a translation and interpreting agency.
We will not store your data for longer than necessary to pursue the purposes for which it was processed. To establish the appropriate duration of the data retention period, we consider the quantity, nature and level of sensitivity of personal data, the processing purposes and the possibility of achieving these purposes by using other means.
It should also be considered that in some periods we may need to keep personal data to comply with our legal obligations or to manage complaints, to respond to customer requests and questions and to protect our legal rights in the event of a request refund.
When your personal data is no longer needed, it will be deleted and destroyed safely. We are also considering the possibility and trying to identify how we can minimize the amount of personal data we use, as well as the possibility of anonymizing your personal data so that they are no longer associated with you or no longer constitute proof of your identity, in which case we will be free to use your information without providing you with further communications in this regard.
We comply with strict security procedures regarding the storage and disclosure of your personal data. The data provided is protected by SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the standard method used in the sector to encode personal information and credit card details in order to guarantee their secure transmission on the Internet.
All payment details are transmitted via SSL technology through the dedicated network infrastructure (Multiprotocol Label Switching - MPLS) and stored in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards - PCI DSS.
Your personal data may be shared with other companies of the Lets Transcript Business Solutions.
• Government authorities, law enforcement bodies and control bodies in accordance with the law;
• Partner companies and freelancers in charge of providing the requested service;
• Trusted freelancers to whom we refer for business management, such as call centers for assistance to our customers, suppliers of the cloud service and email marketing service to assist our marketing team in carrying out customer surveys and the realization of targeted marketing campaigns;
• Credit and debit card companies that facilitate the receipt by us of your payments and anti-fraud checks, which may need to obtain information about your payment method and booking the project to proceed with the payment processing or for guarantee the security of your payment transaction;
• Legal advisors or other professional advisors, courts, law enforcement agencies in all countries where we operate for the purpose of enforcing our legitimate rights in relation to the contract entered into against you;
• Social media: you may be able to access third party social media services through our website before you reach our site. In the event that you have registered through your social accounts, we will obtain the personal information that you have chosen to share with us through these social media services in accordance with their privacy settings in order to improve and personalize your way of use of our website. We may also use social media plugins on our website. Therefore, your information will be shared with your social media service provider and potentially presented on your social profile to be shared with other people in your network of contacts.
Cookies are small text files transferred to your computer's hard disk from your web browser that allow us to recognize your browser and help us track visitors to our site, thus allowing us to identify the most suitable products and services to you. A cookie contains your contact information and information to allow us to identify your computer when you browse our site in order to help you complete your project booking. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you wish, you can change your browser settings by accepting, rejecting or deleting cookies. The "help" section on the toolbar of most browsers will suggest you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies. If you choose to change these settings, some functions and features may not work properly. The cookies we use do not detect any information stored on your devices.
• Request information to know if we keep personal information about you and, if so, to know what type of information it is and for what purposes we keep it and / or use it.
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as "data subject's request for data access"). This allows you to receive a copy of the personal information that we keep on your account and to check that it is processed in accordance with current regulations.
• Request the rectification of personal information about you in our possession. In this way we have the possibility to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information.
• Request removal of your personal information. This allows you to request the deletion or removal of your information if there is no valid reason to continue using it. You also have the right to request the cancellation or removal by us of your personal information in the event that you have chosen to exercise your right of opposition. (compare points below)
• You object to the processing of your personal information in cases of legitimate interest (or in the legitimate interest of third parties) and in the event that your specific situation pushes you to object to the processing of your data on these bases. You also have the right to object to the processing of your data for marketing purposes.
• Opposition to automated decision-making tools including profiling, or not to be subjected to any automated decision-making tool by us through the use of your personal information or by carrying out profiling activities.
• Request the restriction of the processing of your personal information. This allows you to request that we suspend the processing of your personal information, for example if you wish to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured format for you or another person (commonly known as data portability). This allows you to obtain the data we hold about you and to transfer it to an electronic format accessible also to a third party.
• Revoke consent - In the specific circumstances in which you have given consent for the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw consent for this specific processing at any time. Once we receive the notification of your withdrawal of consent, we will cease processing your information for the purpose or purposes previously established, unless there are no further legal bases.
Access to your personal information (as well as the exercise of all other rights) does not involve the application of any fee. However, we may apply reasonable additional costs if your access request is clearly unfounded or excessive. We have the right to refuse your request if such circumstances exist.
We need to request specific information about you in order to confirm your identity and to guarantee your right to access information (as well as the exercise of all other rights.) This is an additional security measure aimed at ensuring that personal information is not disclosed to subjects who are not entitled to receive it.